a) Men 16-34
The demographic of this group is young Males aged between 16 and 34.
The geographic of this group isn’t stated on thinkbox, this therefore means that where they are based is’t relevant to this group.
The phycographic of this group is that they tend not to watch television a lot, but when they do they tend to enjoy programs that are the genre of sport, comedy or factual. They also tend to watch television only later at night, or ‘post-pub’ as it states on the think box website.
Men 55+
The demographic of this group is older Males, aged 55+
The geographic of this group again isn’t stated to is not relevant.
The physcographic of this group is that they they tend to have a lot more free time than the younger male audiences, meaning they have more time to consume media content. They also tend to enjoy game shows such as countdown and pointless, as well as a lot of news programming. They also tend to enjoy special interest programs like documentaries and sport.
Women C2DE
The demographic of this group is Woman of a mixed age group.
The geographic tend to be women living in the United Kingdom.
The phycographic of this group is that they enjoy watching television, with almost 20% admitting they are TV addicts, and as a result enjoy having a large amount of channels and programming to choose from. People of this group also tend to share there television viewing with there children, as a channels such as Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are highly viewed in this group. This group also tends to use the interactive options of there television a lot more than the Male C2DE group.
b)
For the Male aged 16-34 category I think that the phycographics are quite accurate, I agree with the fact that they tend to only watch television late or ‘post-pub’, and also tend to enjoy comedy shows. However, I disagree with the statements that they tend to enjoy sports based content the most, as I think that comedy shows would be watched more a lot more frequently then them. I also think that they would tend to enjoy drama series (such as Utopia and Breaking Bad) which aren’t even mentioned in the phycographics of this group. Therefore I think that these phycographics are very generalised for this age group, possibly not fully representing this group. However I know that they have to be generalised as everyone is an individual and everyone in this age range will never fit into a group.
No comments:
Post a Comment